MQG Victoria Round Robin Quilt Along
This is a 1 year commitment, and we ask that if you signup that you commit to finishing the Robin. You will be adding blocks or a border every two months. The Round Robin starts in February 2017 and concludes in December 2017.
Your starting block:
- Make a block with a maximum perimetre of 60”-80” inches. This could be a 20” square, or or a 15” square or a rectangle 10”x30” or some other configuration entirely!
- Please bring it to the February 16th meeting in a large grocery paper bag. Include inside a piece of paper with your name and email on it (this will keep it anonymous).
- This block will be your only communication as to your wishes for a quilt top. Make sure it represents your colour preference, fabric type (prints/solids/batiks etc.), style (improv/paper-pieced/curves/points/big or small piecing).
- If you have any leftover fabric that you used for your block (or on someone else’s) you can send it along in the bag too, so that others can incorporate it if they want for continuity. Remember too that we are the modern guild and are encouraging people to use modern fabrics.
- At the February meeting you will receive a bag with a block in it to take home, and you will have two months to add to it. Remember that this is not your quilt, but someone else’s. Try to reflect their original block in your addition and to do your very best work.
- Exchanges will happen in February, April, June, August, and October. In December you will receive your completed quilt top that was started by you and worked on by five of your guild mates.
- We will also provide a label for each person to sign and date. The first quilter will add their name at the end to keep it secret.
- Please do not share what you are doing (in person or on social media) so that the final quilt top will be a surprise to everyone.
For any questions or help, contact Netta at email@example.com