QUATREFOIL BLOCK DIRECTIONS
- Two different red tone on tones - cool reds, not orangey
- Two different green tone on tones - forest greens, not blue or olive
- NO extra colours except white, and NO Christmas prints please!
- Solid white for the background
From the white, cut sixteen - 2 1/2” squares
From one of the reds, cut four 2 1/2” squares for the four patches
From the other red, cut four 4 1/2” squares for the “petals”
From one of the greens, cut four 2 1/2” squares for the four patches
From the other green, cut one 4 1/2” square for the centre of the block
1. Take two of the 2 1/2” white squares and one each of the red 2 1/2” squares and green 2 1/2” squares and sew together in a four patch as in the photo. Make four of these.
2. Take the remaining eight 2 1/2” white squares and draw a diagonal line across each one. Place one on the upper left hand corner of a red 4 1/2” square, with the diagonal line slanting forwards. Stitch, trim and press. Take another 2 1/2” white square and place it on the opposite corner, with the diagonal line slanting backwards. Stitch, trim and press. Make four of these.
3. Lay out the squares as in the photo. Sew together in rows, then sew together to make your block. Square up to 12 1/2” if necessary.
As always, one block = one ticket. Make one, make two, make lots! Happy sewing : )
For a video tutorial by Jenny at the Missouri Star Quilt Company, go to http://bit.ly/