In December we do not have a meeting as such, we prefer to call it our "Christmas/Hanukkah/Solstice Social"!
We do have show and share, and door prizes, but otherwise we eat yummy treats, socialize, and do our annual swap. It's a chance to be more relaxed and get to know one another a little better.
December is also when we have a bit of a drive for KEYS to help them out.
Thursday, December 17, 7pm-9pm
Scout Hall, 505 Marigold Road
What to bring:
- show and share
- potluck food item
- ALL LIBRARY BOOKS MUST BE RETURNED!
- mini-mini quilt for the swap (optional)
- items for KEYS (also optional, more deets below)
Mini-mini quilt info is on our Challenges/Swaps page
KEYS would find the following useful:
- male and female clothing, in various teenager sizes
- socks! underwear!
- toiletries: deodorant, tampons, toothbrushes, hairbrushes
- shoes, rubber boots
- DVDs (not R or 18A please)
- gift certificates in small amounts (~10$): Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Walmart, etc
So there we go folks! See you on the 17th or at our afternoon sew-in on Saturday, Dec. 12 (email to hold your spot, lots of room for everyone).