November Block lotto - Winter Snowflake
- One fat quarter of solid black such as Kona Black, make sure it is pure black and not dark blue!
- Five Strips 2.5” x 12” long. In blue, turquoise, aqua, and navy colour printed fabric
1. From your fat quarter of black cut five 4.5” squares and sixteen 2.5” squares.
2. Take one of your colour strips and cut two 2.5” x 4.5” strips out of it.
3. Take four of the black 2.5” squares and draw a line diagonally from corner to corner.
4. Place one square on the right side of the strip you cut in step 2 with the marked line facing right side up. Make sure the line is touching one of the corners of the strip.
5. Sew on the marked line with a 1/4” seam allowance, trim off the excess fabric and press.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 on the opposites end of the rectangle but keep the drawn line on the black square perpendicular to the stitch line on the first black square.
7. Repeat steps 4-6 on the second strip you cut in step2 but mirror the angles.
9. Repeat steps 2-7 three more times to make your four Chevron blocks.
10. Cut your last coloured strip into four 2.5” squares.
11. Taking four of your black 4.5” squares and the four squares you just cut in step 10, draw a diagonal line from corner to corner on the wrong side of the four small squares and place each on on the corner of one of the large black squares, make sure the line you drew is not touching the corner of the black square.