At the end of the meeting we have some door prizes which are generously donated by our local quilt and fabric stores. Please thank them if you are in their store! This month's prizes and winners were:
Cloth Castle gift certificate and fat quarter - Lisa W.
Gala Fabrics gift certificate - Josée (guest)
Sawyer's Pinmoors - Jo-Anne B.
FQ set donated by Laura - Marcia (guest)
Capital Iron fat quarters - Marilyn
Olfa small rotary cutter and mini mat - Danica (guest)
and for our HST Charity Challenge the winner was:
Cloth Castle FQ bundle - we forget, but we'll update it soon
The block lottery was won by Sam!
Our inaugural 50/50 draw was for $61.50 and was won by Tracy!! The 50/50 monies are earmarked for the batting and backing for our Charity HST quilt project.
Sew-Ins! and our swaps:
- Sew-Ins!! we have a few spaces left for the sew-in on FRIDAY at the Cloth Castle! 7pm-11pm, 10$ Email us to hold your spot.
- Sew-In, part 2!! Lots of room for the sew-in on Sunday, November 9th. Pearkes Rec Centre, 12pm-4pm, 10$. Email us to hold your spot. We'd love for you to join us.
- Our December meeting will have a participation-optional "mug rug and mug swap". Bring one, take one. Bonus points if you match your rug to your mug, and if you make it NON-Christmas. Loads of inspiration is HERE.
- Sign up HERE to participate in the pouch swap with the Maritime MQG. Just like the swap we did with the Fraser Valley MQG (make a pouch, fill it with presents). Inspiration and links are HERE and HERE. Bring your finished pouch to the December meeting.
- One of our members, Jo-Anne A., is selling tickets as a fundraiser for a "quilts for cancer" group. Event is at Hillside Centre, EMAIL Jo-Anne for info and tickets.
- Cloth Castle has the ENTIRE line of Cotton + Steel, on sale now.
- Capital Iron has a new shipment of 100+ bolts.