- Friday, August 22nd - Sunday, August 24th in Vancouver.
- All the info you want is HERE. We want to host this in a few years, so let's all go, have everyone meet the new kids on the block, and learn how to put on a meetup!
July Sew-in *time change*
We are changing the sew-in time to 12pm - 4pm. Location remains the same, Gardom Room upstairs at Pearkes. There is lots of space available - we need 6 more people or the sew-in will have to be cancelled. Email us to secure your space!
- Our August meeting (Aug 21st) will have a different format and location. We are having a POTLUCK SUPPER SOCIAL at a park TBA. Possible locations are Beacon Hill, Gorge Park, Beaver Lake, Saxe Point, and Heritage Acres. We'll meet at 6pm to have dinner, show and share, maybe some quilting themed games.....
- Victoria Quilt Guild upcoming meetings
- Tuesday, July 8th is our own Jennifer Watson. She is an award winning quilter for both her own work and for her customer's quilts. Let's support her and learn more about her process and journey.
- Tuesday, August 12th is Terry Aske of New Westminster presenting a talk called "Vancouver Modern Quilter". Our guild has been invited as guests of the VQG - just show your MQG Victoria membership card at the door.
- Fibrations Fibre Arts Festival at St. Ann's, Sunday, August 17th 10-4. We will have a table there to promote our guild. At the July meeting please sign up to staff the table and offer some of your quilts for display.
Our Charity Outreach project has launched!
Submissions to Quilt Shows and Challenges
- Friday, June 27th The Modern Showcase at the International Quilt Festival
- Monday, June 30th La Conner 2014 Quilt and Fibre Art Festival
- Friday, July 25th Michael Miller MQG fabric challenge
- Friday, August 1st Bainbridge Quilt Festival organized by the Bainbridge Island MQG. Saturday, Sept. 13th. They have invited us to submit quilts.
Cruise details CHANGED, from Lynn M.
"The date did not work for our group so I have moved to a better date of June 7. This has been set up and we will be able to begin booking. I will finalize the details re machines, customs, training rooms, etc. over the next few days and have the rates ready to go out and registrations, etc. This is a beautiful ship - the Celebrity Infinity." The cruise will be leaving and returning to Vancouver and travelling to Alaska.