|Our fabulous guild banner in action.|
Here are all the announcements from the May meeting.
- Thanks to all the suggestions and recommendations for liability insurance. We'll keep you posted on results.
- We have been approached for a commission for a wall quilt at a dental office. This is a PAID opportunity, so please get in touch if you want the details.
- Someone left their mug behind after the meeting. It's clear glass and Christmassy. We will bring it to the June meeting for you to claim.
- Thank you so much to the people who stepped up and brought coffee paraphernalia.
- We have a few spaces left at the June sew-in. Sunday, June 8th 11am-3pm. Location to be confirmed. 10$ reserves your space. Email us to confirm.
Big MQG updates:
- QuiltCon Giveaway Quilt Design Challenge competition runs NOW - June 30th.
- QuiltCon schedule and pricing announced June 1st. Registration opens June 24th. Details are here.
- Registration for the quilt show at QuiltCon opens in July. Details to come, but start considering what you will enter.
- Michael Miller challenge - there is no more fabric for the newer members of our group. Deadline is extended until July 25th.
- Fraser Valley MQG pouch swap - signup is now CLOSED. Participants please bring your pouch and presents to the June meeting. Remember that quality counts, make it modern, and don't stint on the presents (10-15$)! You will get your new pouch at the July meeting.
- 2014 Quilt & Fiber Arts Festival at La Conner Quilt and Textile Museum. Deadline to apply is June 30th. Info is here.
- Used Victoria ad for quilting stuff
- Calico Cupboard is hiring. Contact Suzanna with your CV.
- Bought a great quilting book recently? Give your fellow members a review of it! Email us!
See you at the sew-in Sunday, June 8th or at the next meeting, Thursday, June 19th at Pearkes Rec. Centre.