We had a lot of announcements at our last meeting so we thought we'd put them all here. There are also a few extras which weren't mentioned last week.
Upcoming Events: – are always listed on our sidebar
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria TOUR of the Carole Sabiston exhibit is planned for Saturday, March 8th. The gallery opens at 10, the tour starts at 10:30 and will last about an hour. Regular/senior admission applies (11$/9$).
- Inaugural Sew-In is Sunday, March 9th 11-3. Location is still to be confirmed;
we have one space left. Cost is 10$. Email us if you want to join in.
Challenge Info: (for members only)
- our own logo colours Kaufman challenge. The rules are here, and description of the project is here.
- "Modern Metallic" at the Quilt! Knit! Stitch! show
- MQG Michael Miller Challenge
- both Satin Moon and Cloth Castle are selling solids for 9.99$/m
- The Right Price, at Blanshard and Fisgard, has reduced their price on fabrics to 3$/m. They are also clearing out some/most? of their fabric, so check it out quickly!
- The fabulous Lisa is collecting empty plastic thread spools on behalf of WILD Arc (the SPCA Wild Animal Rescue). If you have some to share, please bring them for Lisa at our March meeting OR you can drop them off at most of the fabric stores.
Other events which might be of interest to you:
- Vancouver Island Bead and Jewellery Show. March 1-2, Saanich Fairgrounds, 1528 Stelly's Cross Rd
- StashFest, a fundraiser for LaConner Quilt Museum, and a good time. March 29-30, LaConner WA
- Association of Pacific West Quilters 2014 Symposium. July 31-August 3, Tacoma, WA
- and of course, QUILTCON!! It's the Modern Quilt Guild's very own conference/show spectacular. Feb. 19-22, 2015, Austin TX